At Clearwell Primary School we work hard to create a positive atmosphere where the children feel happy and secure. We realise that if children are to develop and learn they need a stimulating environment in which they feel valued and comfortable. This kind of atmosphere does not just “occur”, but is one we have made strenuous efforts to achieve.
We consider that the role of the school is to offer the children learning opportunities from a broad, balanced curriculum.
- To help pupils use language and numbers effectively.
- To help pupils develop lively, independent, and enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally, and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- To instil respect for religious and moral values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To help pupils understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- To help pupils appreciate human achievement and aspirations.
- To help develop self-awareness and concern for other pupils and the community in which they live.
- To help children to display self-discipline, tolerance and respect for others, be they adults or other children.
- To help pupils appreciate and develop creatively through art, music, drama and other areas of creativity.
- To provide extra curricular activities which will promote individual development and constructive use of leisure time.