Clearwell C of E School has a committed group of 10 School Governors.
The Governing Body is appointed to ensure the school is run efficiently and responsibly and to offer support and act as a “critical friend” to the Head Teacher. Each Governor usually serves at least a four year term and their time and efforts are given voluntarily.
Our Governor members are grouped to represent different areas of the community;
1 Foundation Governors
1 Local Authority Governor
1 Staff Governor
3 Co-opted Governors
2 Parent Governors
Governors then represent the whole body on various sub-committees:
Resources and Finance
Curriculum and Standard
The Governors of Clearwell C of E Primary have set the following principles of behaviour:-
- As a Church of England Primary school we aim to work together to inspire and empower all our children to achieve their very best, regardless of their race, gender, class or abilities.
- We believe good behaviour is essential to the fulfilment of this aim.
- We believe good behaviour enables effective learning, and that effective teaching and learning promote good behaviour.
We believe in a culture of respect for each other, the school and the community.
- We value the importance of self-esteem and self-discipline, and work hard to nurture and foster it in our learner.
- We believe it is important to involve parents, carers and children in establishing and maintaining good behaviour and for us all to provide positive role models.
- We strongly believe in the principle of equal opportunities and value cultural diversity. We will not tolerate bullying, violence, racism, sexism or any form of discrimination.
- We have developed a clear system of celebrating successes and we implement sanctions consistently.
- We have a responsibility to support those children with emotional and behavioural needs to enable them to be educated with their peers wherever possible.
- We endorse the school’s behaviour policy and undertake to monitor its effectiveness and support staff in its implementation.
- We will ensure that teachers can teach and children can learn in an atmosphere of respect, security and enjoyment.
For a copy of the School’s Behaviour Blue Print please click http://www.clearwellprimaryschool.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Clearwells-Behaviour-Blue-print.pdf[