After snow stopped play on Thursday, we finally got to spend a day celebrating reading and literature. Some of the events that we fitted in included:
- Talking about our favourite book
- Oak and Willow shared a book
- Oak dressed up in Fairy Tales costumes, in-line with their Traditional tales topic
- Willow dressed as Victorians, in-keeping with their book, Street Child
- Willow researched about Thomas Barnardo, the person who inspired Street Child
- Shoe boxes about our favourite book
- Launched our Ripping Reads which is an initiative to encourage children to read for pleasure
Here are some of the photographs that have been taken, more will follow!
We wanted to recreate a Victorian School photograph, I love the outcome!